Visitors are Welcome to:
- Take photographs or make drawings, as long as plants are not disturbed.
- Gently touch and smell plants.
- Sit on our various wooden and rock benches.
- Walk your dog within campus regulations (read the UNC Charlotte policy “Animals on Campus“). Notice that dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Walk only on the gravel or mulched pathways.
- Pick up fallen leaves,flowers or seed pods IF they have fallen naturally from the plants onto the paths (not in the beds).
- Please leave everything else undisturbed.
We have one main rule: Please remain on the paths. Following this rule will keep the gardens growing for all visitors to enjoy.
The following is a more detailed list of activities that are prohibited:
- Climbing on trees, shrubs, or rocks.
- Picking flowers,leaves, or fruits from plants.
- Digging holes, collecting soil or rocks, or turning over logs or rocks.
- Running or biking anywhere in the Gardens.
- Wading or playing in the pond or creek.
- Moving or disturbing sprinklers or other irrigation.
- Taking our labels or signs. Please write down any information you wish to have later.
- Conducting “experiments” or leaving materials in the gardens (without prior permission).
- Minors must be accompanied by a permitted adult only (read and follow “Minors on Campus” policy).
- Damage to any University property. Please read and follow “Control and Management of University…Property” and “Violation of University Policy“
Visiting the Gardens